We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
SENIOR to PRINCIPAL 3D CHARACTER ARTIST
As a Senior / Principal 3D Character Artist, you’ll be creating iconic characters for our upcoming unannounced AAA cross-platform title. You will work closely with the Character Art Director to help solidify the Character Art style and to continue to push the quality bar that sets the standard for the Character discipline. We believe strongly in creating exceptional characters with interesting backstories, and we want our players to feel like they truly know and identify with these heroes.
- Create both high and low poly models with a focus on stylized high performance game-ready low-poly assets.
- Create high quality game-ready textures
- Regularly mentor and provide feedback to other Character Artists
- Drive alignment across all disciplines, set goals, and establish techniques
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Support the Art Director in developing style guides and processes
- Work closely and provide feedback to outsource partners
- Help to grow and level up other Character Artists across SEMC
- 10+ years of professional experience as a 3D Character Artist in the video game industry
- Proficient using Maya (or equivalent), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Experience with many artistic styles and can easily switch styles based on product needs
- Knowledge in creating characters that require high quality facial and cloth animation
- Great eye for light, value, color, and detail
- Strong proficiency in hard surface polygon modeling
- Have a deep understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Strong grasp of form, and silhouette in regards to modeling, sculpting, rigging, and deformations
- Understanding of gameplay needs such as clarity & readability
- Some experience working on 3rd person open world games
- Has worked with proprietary game engine and tools
- 10+ years experience as a 3D character artist with multiple shipped titles
- BA or training in equivalent art fundamentals
In order to apply, please provide us with a link to your portfolio that gives us an overview of your skills and abilities.
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $75,000 – $150,000. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. For more details on the full benefits package please visit this link. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don’t apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!