3D Previs Artist
This is a temporary position (3-4 months). May extend.
Location: Mostly Remote – Flexible USA (Preferred locations: TX, UT, GA, IL, NC)
looking for a talented Previs Artist to join our team to create 3D animated sequences that describe key elements of our game using a combination of existing assets and assets made by you. You will work directly with project leaders, artists and designers to craft easy-to-understand moments that describe what it will feel like to play our game. You will model, animate, light, composite and edit along the way to delivering complete previsualized sequences.
- Liaising with directors, animators, designers on the look, content and style of the sequences to be previsualized
- Researching the sequences and assembling references for the previs sequence
- Translating storyboards into animated sequences
- Deconstructing and planning out sequences
- Depicting staging, blocking, camera motion, and character performance
- Editing and compositing scenes
- Testing assets and rigs
- Integrating sound elements into visuals in sequence
- Rendering final animations of previs
- Strong sense of cinematic composition and lighting
- Character animation (timing and performance)
- Experience with rendering
- General 3D skills – modeling, rigging, shading, etc.
- Able to take and interpret creative direction
- Strong video editing skills
- Fundamental knowledge of film language and genre
- Solid knowledge of cinematography principles – framing, camera angles, composition, cinematic lighting, perspective
- Experience working on console, PC, or mobile games
- Experience with Unreal
Please provide examples of digital art you’ve created, along with matching descriptions of what you did in the scene. Don’t be shy of including early prototypes and unfinished work.
- Only requirement is that they are viewable online through an HTML browser. Also, please include notes as to what work the candidate did on the reel and what was not done by them.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!