Understory Games is a small indie games studio based in Los Angeles, California. They are working on Cinder Ridge, a squad based simulation game about wildland/forest restoration. They’re working towards their vertical slice of their game, which they hope to have ready by March 2024. You’ll be working closely with their lead engineer/game designer, as well as their art director to help bring their characters to life.
Contract, hourly or per-character, remote. Rate negotiable. Part time is fine!
Initial Scope of work:
Modeling, texture painting, rigging, animating 10 human characters. Characters have designs (can send upon request and NDA). Low poly, expressive characters.
Modeling, texture painting, rigging, animating an assortment of animals (bears, birds, fish, ect).
- Experience doing character work, especially in games.
- Live in the United States and legally authorized to work in the United States (West Coast /PST is preferred but not required!)
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with version control systems
- Works well independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with a small team
- Fan of farming sims
- Interest in ecology and nature
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!