Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games.
Timbre Games are looking for a Principal Character Artist to join our Art team on a high-production quality, family-friendly ARPG. Your magic lies in bringing stylized, diverse characters to life, and providing innovative tips and techniques that add to the knowledge of the team. This role will prototype and experiment new character systems with a cross-discipline team, providing compelling in-game moments that spark the joy for our players!
As a Principal Character Artist At Timbre, You Will
- Craft and create some of our most beautiful characters in a uniquely fun stylized world
- Drive the prototyping and experimentation of various cinematic systems partnering with Character Art, Cinematic, Lighting and Engineering to create compelling player-first in-game moments
- Identify solutions in our production pipeline and work with the Technical Director and Tech Art teams to improve tools and pipelines
- Work alongside the Lead Character Artist and Art Director to understand the project’s vision and translate that into fun, high-quality character models that can be presented to external partners
Stay current with industry trends and advancements in game art technology, and proactively integrate innovative techniques into our projects
What You Bring
- A portfolio showcasing a diverse range of 3D characters, mainly comprised of high-production quality stylized art
- An expert knowledge of Maya, 3D modelling workflows and video game engines, preferably Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience as a Senior Artist through production on one AAA 3D title. Past experience working with existing IP is a bonus!
- A collaborative, ‘yes-and’ approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise and solution-focused messages, that are easily understood by all disciplines as well as any external partners
Ability to create materials and shaders from realistic (PBR) to stylized in Unreal Engine
What You’ll Gain
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
- Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
- Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
- Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
- 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
- My Pathway – a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
- 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing – in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page , or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!