Red Storm Entertainment is looking for an experienced
Principal 3D Artist
to join our multidisciplinary and international team, working on Tom Clancy’s The Division: Heartland, where active communication and collaboration is crucial, and where people are eager to achieve the best player experience possible together.
As a Principal 3D artist, you’ll work with industry-leading tools, within our proprietary engine, and collaborate with a team of Concept Artists, Character Artists, Level Artists, Prop Artists, and Technical Artists to create and optimize high quality 3D art content for video games.
We welcome people working in our Cary studio or remotely within the continental US.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create, and optimize, high quality props and textures (high poly model, baking, material creation, etc.) following physically based parameters to achieve great realism
- Oversee the creation, and optimization, of AAA quality high and low-poly models of characters following concept art and art direction for in-game and cinematic use
- Participate in R&D for 3D art techniques and pipelines
- Create and modify Substance textures
- Research new tools and techniques to optimize our pipeline and ensure our team continues to be on top of the latest development techniques/trends
- Stay on top of current and new technologies that can help elevate the art of the game
- Work with Art Director and Art Lead(s) to help establish and maintain a visual standard
- Actively set the highest of visual benchmarks for creating realistic environments that incorporates both high quality art and design
- Assist Technical Directors in designing, implementing, and maintaining 3D art pipelines
- Review and provide feedback on 3D art assets, with a keen eye for photorealism and materials
- Mentor and educate junior artists
- 10+ years experience creating 3D assets (character, environment, prop, etc.) for shipped AAA games
- Ability to work on both hard surface and organic models
- Expert level knowledge of the following:
- Asset creation for games, including technical limitations/budgets
- 3D modeling tools (3DS Max, Maya, Blender, etc.)
- 3D sculpting tools such as ZBrush
- Texturing tools (Photoshop, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, etc.)
- Composition, form, color, and light and how those are used to create believable, interesting, realistic environments in a real-time engine
- Scale, proportion, and surface properties
- Experience with PBR based shaders and pipelines
- A leadership mindset with a proven ability to work with a team first mentality
- Experience with node-based, visual scripting game engines (e.g. Snowdrop, Unreal or Unity)
- A strong eye for quality and is always seeking to improve
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to interact with team members of different disciplines and personality types
- An ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- A portfolio showing a wide range of 3D asset creation for a AAA production from conception through release
- A desire to grow into a leadership role
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with match
- New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service along with 3 additional weeks of wellness time
- 10 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Body-Mind-Soul monthly reimbursement program for eligible activities.
- Strong, incentivized, employee referral program.
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
More About Us
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft are committed to making our own active contribution to global carbon neutrality. In September 2020, we implemented a long-term commitment called Play Green acts on two key priorities:
Reduce the company’s carbon footprint by decarbonizing our direct operations on 4 levers: transition to renewable energy, efficiency, self-restraint and shift towards low carbon alternatives. Inspire team members, partners and players by raising awareness our stakeholders and encouraging positive action for the climate and the environment.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!