Unplay Inc. is looking for a talented and seasoned Creative Director who will join the company’s leadership team. The ideal candidate for this job should be able to direct 3D character & environment design and take the lead on the UI design of Unity clients and websites.
- Communicating with product owners and production team members to convert the project requirements into high-quality art deliverables.
- Develop overall style guidelines for game experience and user interface.
- Oversee production of concept work to provide visual guides for environments, characters, props, UI, FX, screen effects, etc.
- Active participation in all major product design decisions, development processes, and pipelines.
- Direction and management of 3D Character Artists, UI designers, and Environment Artists.
- Management of third-party design studios.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, industrial design, illustration, game art, or another related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an Art Director or Lead Artist.
- Extensive experience and skill in all aspects of digital art (conceptual, modeling, texturing, shaders, lighting).
- Extensive experience with game production software, including Maya, zBrush, Substance Suite, Photoshop, and Unity.
- Strong foundational knowledge of UI workflows and experience with Figma.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Candidates must submit relevant work samples or design portfolios.
- Shipped at least one AAA title as an Art Director.
- Experienced player of TTRPGs and/or LARP.
Unplay Inc. is a fully-funded startup backed by industry-leading online game and metaverse companies. We’re a remote-first company with quarterly meetups in different cities in the US.
We are developing an innovative storytelling platform, LiveTale. It’s an online platform designed for group entertainment, where each member of their party takes on the role of a character to develop a shared story that unfolds based on the actions and decisions of the characters they inhabit. We aim to build an immersive third place for everyone to enjoy interactive storytelling games, role-playing multiverse, or theatrical performances.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!