Shipped 1+ PC/Console title as a Character Artist
5+ years of experience in AAA game development (PC and/or console)
5+ years of experience in game development or equivalent work, e.g. live product development
Online Portfolio Demonstrating Character Art Skills
We are looking for a 3D Character Artist for a 12-month+ contract position.
In this role, you will work closely with the character and concept teams to execute high-quality assets, adhering to the high visual standards and vision set by the Art Director and Art Lead for character design and organic modeling. You will have strong knowledge of all aspects of character creation and be a hardworking, self-motivated team player that brings future heroes to life. You will be proficient in character creation and character systems for AAA third-person action games. You should have a solid sense of vision and passion for creating high-quality assets that delight our customers.
If the opportunity to work on exciting projects is the challenge you have been looking for, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Art Director, Associate Art Director, and Character Lead to execute the game’s artistic vision
- Must have a deep understanding of the development of the character’s visual style/pipeline for outfit, weapon, and creature to deliver cutting-edge assets
- Contribute to the development of the character visual style/pipeline for outfits, weapons, and creatures to deliver cutting-edge assets
- Able to follow directions and react to critiques in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the concept, character, animation, and tech art teams
- Contribute to the references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further
- Work closely with the team and external partners to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- Increase the team’s skills through mentorship and artistic techniques
Passion for making and playing games!
You have proficient knowledge of Unreal Engine, Maya / Modo / MudBox / ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter, or equivalent package.
Solid knowledge of next-generation asset creation pipelines, tools, software.
Strong grasp of form, shape, structure, and silhouette as they relate to modeling and gameplay.
Thorough understanding of anatomy and how characters move when rigged.
Solid knowledge of working with PBR shaders, normal/spec/diffuse maps to get the best look within the game engine’s technical limits/constraints.
A great eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps.
Able to create assets under supervision that fulfill the needs of rigging, animation, and design to ensure clean handoff for assets.
Able to articulate pipeline needs, developing new or improving upon technologies to improve character team quality and output.
Ability to learn new tools and techniques.
Able to accurately estimate the time to complete tasks.
Ability to mentor and share knowledge effectively.
Meets/exceeds The Company’s Leadership Principles Requirements For This Role.
Meets/exceeds the company’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!