WebstaurantStore is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our in-house 3D team as a fully-remote Hard Surface Prop/Set modeler. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong skills in modeling and texturing photo-realistic assets for our virtual photography pipeline.
Based in Lancaster, PA. WebstaurantStore is the largest online restaurant supply store, servicing businesses and individual customers worldwide. With hundreds of thousands of products available and millions of orders shipped, we have everything hospitality businesses need to function at their best. Over the years we have expanded our selection of commercial equipment and wholesale supplies to include healthcare, educational, food, beverage, office, hotel, and industrial supplies.
As part of our open, respectful, and collaborative 3D team, your primary responsibility will be to create high-fidelity textured models in Maya from sketches, samples, photo reference, and 3D scan data; and assemble those models into realistic dressed 3D sets for handoff to the lighting team. You will be expected to stay on task and show initiative while following our workflows and brand standards.
A link to an online portfolio showcasing your modeling and texturing skills should accompany your application. Wireframes and texture breakdowns along with rendered images are preferred.
As a Hard Surface Prop/Set Modeler you will:
- Create high-fidelity 3D models of real-world products and environments (with good edgeflow and UVs, PBR textures, and shaders) suitable for photorealistic rendering, using 3D scans, sketches, photographs, and CAD data as reference.
- Using briefs from the Styling team, assemble models into 3D shooting sets that are technically robust and follow brand standards.
- Consistently deliver work that meets quantitative and quality KPI goals.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks, including iteration and review time.
- Collaboratively with the Photography, 3D, and Production teams to solve creative and technical problems and meet deadlines.
- Organize and upload files according to department standards.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Good eye for detail and design.
- An understanding of the built environment.
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, solution-focused, and able to take initiative.
- Holds themselves and others to high standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency (via online portfolio) in realistic modeling and texturing; preference will be given to portfolios showing accurate models of real-world objects.
- Proficiency in Maya and Substance Painter.
- Experience working with a modern raytracer within a PBR pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in 3D Animation, Fine Art, or related field
- 2+ years professional experience in visual effects or architectural visualization
- Studio photography experience
- Working knowledge of physics/cloth simulation, scattering utilities, camera matching, photogrammetry, and other related DCC tools and techniques.
What’s in it For You:
WebstaurantStore is deeply committed to being a great place to work, with a culture of continuous improvement backed up by the resources of an established, profitable, privately-held company. Some of the benefits of joining our 3D team include:
- A real 40-hour week. We use a timeclock, and any overtime is voluntary and vanishingly rare.
- Remote work with a flexible schedule.
- A friendly, collaborative, large, and growing team of 20 3D artists plus support staff. You’ll be working remotely but you won’t be alone.
- A steady rhythm of projects. The nature of our studio’s workstream is to have very few surprises.
- We provide a high-end workstation and all software, with a dedicated in-house helpdesk for any issues.
As for Compensation:
This is a full-time hourly position with a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off for 6 holidays plus 4 weeks per year
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit-sharing contributions
- Student loan payments matched as if they were contributions into 401k
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account
- Pre-tax Dependent Care Account
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount at our website and The Restaurant Store
3D, Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, Modo, VRay, Corona, Marvelous Designer, Redshift, Cycles, Arnold, Substance, 3D modeling, archviz, architectural visualization, virtual photography, product visualization
Remote Work Qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!