Based in Lancaster, PA. WebstaurantStore is the largest online restaurant supply store, servicing businesses and individual customers worldwide. With hundreds of thousands of products available and millions of orders shipped, we have everything hospitality businesses need to function at their best. Over the years we have expanded our selection of commercial equipment and wholesale supplies to include healthcare, educational, food, beverage, office, hotel, and industrial supplies.
As part of our open, respectful, and collaborative 3D team, your primary responsibility will be to build, maintain and improve the tools, pipelines, processes, and workflows that enable the 3D team’s content creation work (for both AR/VR and photorealistic rendering workstreams). As a secondary responsibility, you will document what you build and mentor the production team to fully take advantage of our tools and technology.
As Technical Director you will:
- Research, develop, and maintain improved 3D content creation processes, tools, and workflows for our distributed remote team, including administering our asset pipeline and render farm.
- Document those improvements and create sample content to prove out new workflows and demonstrate techniques.
- Mentor team members to fully take advantage of our tools and technology.
- Maintain, organize, and automate our large 3D asset library.
- Collaborate with the 3D, Photo, Production, and Procurement teams to develop technical solutions to production challenges.
- Liaise with Webstaurant’s System Administration, Software Development, Networking, and Security teams to address areas of intersecting responsibility.
- Remain current with technological developments throughout the 3D industry.
- Research cutting edge approaches to increase the usability and fluidity of our 3D content creation tools.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Action oriented, with ability to prioritize and drive results.
- Able to effectively organize and curate information for a diverse audience
- Ability to facilitate and clarify project expectations, objectives, and deliverables.
- Experience influencing, communicating, and driving change across organizational and cross functional boundaries.
- Experience motivating others.
- Ability to track progress and identify potential risks and issues early on.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in 3D art, Design, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a 3D Technical Artist or Technical Director role, or equivalent formal training.
- Fluent in Python, including the Maya APIs/MEL.
- Deep knowledge of 3D content creation tools, including Maya and Deadline.
- Experience administering a 3D pipeline tool such as Shotgrid or Ftrack.
- Experience with 3D scanning and AR/VR workflows.
- Experience with a USD asset pipeline.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, C#, and/or C++.
- Experience using Azure DevOps and Agile development practices.
What’s in it For You:
WebstaurantStore is deeply committed to being a great place to work, with a culture of continuous improvement backed up by the resources of an established, profitable, privately-held company. Some of the benefits of joining our 3D team include:
- A real 40-hour week. We use a timeclock, and any overtime is voluntary and vanishingly rare.
- Remote work with a flexible schedule.
- A friendly, collaborative team of 20 3D artists plus support staff. You’ll be working remotely but you won’t be alone.
- A steady rhythm of projects. The nature of our studio’s workstream is to have very few surprises.
- We provide a high-end workstation and all software, with a dedicated in-house IT helpdesk for issues.
As for compensation:
This is a full-time hourly position with a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off for 6 holidays plus 4 weeks per year
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k with company match and profit-sharing contributions
- Student loan payments matched as if they were contributions into 401k
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account and Dependent Care Account
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount at our website and The Restaurant Store
3D, Technical Director, Technical Artist, Pipeline, TD, Python, MEL, Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini, Arnold, VRay, AWS Thinkbox Deadline, Shotgrid, Ftrack, NIM, Redshift, Blender, Cycles, AOV, Nuke, Natron, Artec, Scantech, ZBrush, gltf, glb, ARKit, USD, MaterialX, EXR
Remote Work Qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!