We are a team of intrepid explorers, creating worlds that we’ve always wanted to experience. We are curiosity seekers, working together to solve the challenges that come with stepping into the unknown. And we know that we’ll get there faster if we stay together and embrace different perspectives and new ways of thinking. We invite those who share our vision for groundbreaking player experiences to explore our career openings and join us in this journey of creating new worlds together.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Environment Artist to help lead our team in creating breathtaking and immersive game worlds. In this pivotal role, you will be involved in environment creation from initial conception, to the execution of highly detailed 3D environments. Your contributions will ensure that these environments align seamlessly with the game’s overarching vision.
Your expertise in environmental world-building and storytelling will play a crucial role in bringing our game worlds to life. As a Principal Artist, you will mentor junior team members, work in close collaboration with Concept, and Design teams to ensure consistency and quality, and strive to innovate and expand the realms of environmental storytelling art in gaming. The ideal candidate should possess a deep passion for gaming and a proven track record of success
- Collaborate closely with the Art, Design, and Engineering teams to ensure that Environment Art not only aligns with but also enhances the game design, all while adhering to technical requirements.
- Hands on creation and implementation of 3D assets and level building for rapid prototyping in the early phase of the project.
- Develop comprehensive documentation, reference materials, and visual targets for environment design.
- Define and implement efficient workflows and production pipelines while identifying potential risks and implement mitigation plans before issues arise.
- Identify Understand and work within the project’s art direction, setting and upholding the quality standard
- Participating in the hiring of a team of environment artists to lead
- Establish and maintain constructive feedback loops with the environment team, maintaining a consistent style and quality level, fostering a curious, collaborative, creative and safe environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design, Game Design, or a related field.
- 10+ Years Experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-quality 3D art pieces and a deep understanding of environmental design.
- Expert understanding of color theory, composition, light, and shadow in relation to environment storytelling.
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4/5, including lighting, texturing, streaming, and optimization.
- A deep understanding of the technical constraints related to real-time rendering.
- Proven experience with 3D modeling and texturing tools like ZBrush, 3ds Max, Maya, and Substance Painter.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively articulate visual concepts.
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Experience with PBR (Physically-Based Rendering) workflows.
- Prior experience as a lead artist or in a similar leadership role within a gaming studio.
- Experience with procedurally generated workflows such as Houdini or Unreal PCG.
- A passion for narrative driven games with a broad knowledge of the gaming landscape and market trends.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other protected status as required as by law.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!