Zoic Studios is a Visual Effects company that specializes in high end visual effects for television, film, and advertising. Our mantra is Visual Evolution – we focus on every part of the process, from the final picture to the pipeline used to create them.
Are you looking for your next creative and technical challenge? Come join our team!
Why Join Zoic?
- We are an Artist owned and operated VFX studio.
- We love what we do and always stay curious about new technology and techniques.
- We respect work/life balance in a hectic industry.
- We work with a team from all walks of life and back grounds.
Our studio is looking for an experienced freelance
3D Environment Generalist
to join our team a series television project currently in progress. Due to tax credit purposes, all qualified applicants must reside in California.
The 3D Environment Generalist is responsible for creating a photo-real landscape that integrates seamlessly with plate photography. Successful candidates display a high proficiency or varied skill level across the areas of model, texture, shading, look development, Houdini for scattering and the ability to slap-comp their own work. You will work both individually and within a larger team. The 3D Environment Artist is part of the Environments team and reports to the Environment Supervisor.
- Create environments using both manual and procedural workflow depending on scale and complexity
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Attend dailies and participate in creative problem solving
- Reel or portfolio demonstrating your environment work
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a VFX, live action studio
- Minimum 3 years in creating digital environments for TV and/or film
- Proven artistic ability across multiple CG disciplines including modeling, texturing, lighting, shading / look development, or compositing.
- Ability to upres purchased items as well as create new assets when needed
- Proficient in environment scene layout and composition
- Prior experience using Houdini for world generation
- Fluent in Maya
- Working knowledge of Substance Painter
- Fluent in Vray
- Experience in Photoshop, MARI
- Experience with digital matte painting as some assistance with MP will be required
- Ability to self-prioritize
- Strong communicator that requires minimal guidance in the execution of VFX Tasks.
- Must showcase an up-to-date reel with relevant work experience
- California Employees Pay Range: 35/hr – 65/hr DOE
- This position requires candidates be based in California
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- Zoic Studios U.S. participates in the eVerify program.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!